Sat, Sep 24|
Historic Frank D. Yuengling Mansion
Headbanger Chili Cook-off
Put your Chili making skills to the test! Whether its hot or meatless we want to see what you and your chili are made of! Join us for our 1st ever Chili Cook-off here at the Yuengling Mansion!
Time & Location
Sep 24, 2022, 4:30 PM – 9:00 PM
Historic Frank D. Yuengling Mansion, 1440 Mahantongo St, Pottsville, PA 17901, USA
About the Event
This ain't your mama's chili cook-off. But if you want to use her recipe we won't tell!
We invite individuals or teams to show off their culinary skills in the art of chili making. Bring us your best batch of chili and a multitude of prizes will be awarded as voted by the crowd.
Chili cook-off rules
- Contestants must pre-register; no walk-ups
- Must sign in during set up at 3:00 pm
- Chili must be prepared in advance and stored in an appropriate container to keep it hot (chafing dish, crock pot, etc.)
- No open flames allowed on premises
- It is recommended to prepare between 3-5 quarts of chili
- No ingredient restrictions, but must inform guests if chili contains well-known food allergens (such as fish, shellfish, peanuts, etc.) and must provide own waivers if chili is to contain heat 100,000 scovilles & above
- May serve with condiments
- Contestants are responsible for cleanup after competition
- Event staff will dispose of leftover items after the close of the competition
- Extra points will be awarded for costumes, decor, and team names
Winner Categories as voted for by Metal at the Mansion guests:
- Lord of the Chili (1st Place)
- Hottest Chili
- Best non-traditional chili
- Worst Chili this side of the Mason-Dixon
Winners will receive a commemorative trophy for their achievement! Sport the title with pride!
Headbanger Chili Cook-Off
+$0.50 service fee
Ticket includes registration to the competition doubles as a pass for up to 3 teammates to attend Metal at the Mansion.
+$0.50 service fee0